[Glade-devel] Web help and a question

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
Hello all,

If so desired, I offer to update the Glade webpage as it is, to be at
least up-to-date with the versions that are coming out. Then we can try to
decide where we want to go. I don't have the time to do heroics, but it's
a pity the page doesn't reflect what's happening.

Ok, let me just state for the record that my personal problem with the
website is that it is in HTML *and* has a news section, that needs to
be updated by hand, this is why I never update the site and why I
will sooner rewrite the whole site than go and painfully update it myself
again.

Content wise, I think we can do away completely with the "History"
and "Future" pages, which really only has alot of redundant
past release info that you can get on the gnome ftp server anyway.

It would be great if we could update the content in "applications"
and "links", i.e. list programs that use Glade, but not only the
ones who used it 10 years ago....

Then a small problem: How can I determine the 'state' of GtkBuilder
support in Glade-3? Is Builder support sufficient to be used, or should I
still use libglade and convert?

It is supposed to work by now and be usable.

I saved a project in that format, but loading it gives:

(farma3:15536): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_show: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

main.c:

 GtkBuilder *builder;
 GtkWidget *LoginWindow;

 gtk_set_locale();
 gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

 builder = gtk_builder_new();
 gtk_builder_add_from_file(builder, "farma3.glade", NULL);

 LoginWindow = GTK_WIDGET(gtk_builder_get_object(builder, "LoginWindow"));
 gtk_builder_connect_signals(builder, NULL);
 g_object_unref(G_OBJECT(builder));

 gtk_widget_show(LoginWindow);

 gtk_main();
 return 0;

In the xml file, LoginWindow appears as a GtkWindow:

 <object class="GtkWindow" id="LoginWindow">
   <property name="title" translatable="yes">Farma login</property>
   <property name="modal">True</property>
   <property name="window_position">center-always</property>
   <property name="type_hint">dialog</property>

Please attach the glade file to a bug so I can reproduce and fix it.

Thanks alot !