[Glade-devel] glade & gsettings

Hello!
I've been doing some more hacking on putting gsettings into GLADE.
I've got to one of the thorny areas - preventing conflicts when you
bind say a GtkRadioButton::active to a gsetting, and also set a
related action on it.

Here is what I've thought should happen:
 * when you set a related action and the 'active' property is bound to
a setting: the binding needs to move to the action's 'active' property
(which would be done from the relevant GladeCommand). This could be
confusing to the user - I thought that if this happens it should open
the bindings window for the action to show what has gone on.
 * when you set bind a widget's active property but a related action
is set: either: 1. don't allow it - the 'connect to setting' context
menu item should be disabled with a tooltip to say why. or, 2. bind
the action's property instead (and select the action in GLADE so that
it's obvious what has gone on.)

Any comments on this? Especially for the second case, I prefer
approach #2 I think because it saves a tiny bit of effort for the user
- but either is workable. I'll be implementing this in a day or two
(before the gsoc deadline :).
Thanks
Sam