[Glade-devel] Fedora package and a few issues

On Nov 16, 2007 5:31 PM, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
No, as it is implemented as a plugin, it will be manually opened
by glade in the module path (the module path is resolved at
build time based on the package prefix and can be later retrieved
using the .pc files).

Alright.

Now I have divided the package into three parts: glade3 (main
front-end, .desktop files, etc.), glade3-libgladeui
(libgladeui-1.so.7*, libgladegtk, libgladegnome, etc.) and
glade3-libgladeui-devel (libglade-1.so, gladeui-1.0.pc, header files,
etc.).

Sure, this will mean that in fedora packages, the glade core will require
all the gnome lib dependancies, if you were to make a separate package
for libgladegnome.so & its pixmaps/catalog file - then only the gnome
plugin would require the gnome lib dependancies.

in the end I dont think this matters at the moment since I am sure
there are lots of remaining programs still linking to libgnomeui and friends,
just pointing out that libgnomeui/bonono etc is technically unneeded to run
glade (only needed to edit glade files that use widgets from those libs).

I hope the .pc file is not used to determine the module path by
libgladeui-1.so.7*; but is used to build external programs embedding
the glade3 core. Am I right?

That is correct.