[Glade-devel] Libglade and setting colormaps on window

Hello,

I'm creating a simple application using Anjuta 2.1.2 and Glade 3.20 (using
libglade). I'm trying to set a colormap on the main window but am getting
this error:

gtk errors "!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget) failed

The problem is is that when I check to see if window is in fact realized
with

if (GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED(window))
        {
        printf ("It's realized for gods' sake!");
        }

It returns true. Everything else works as expected. The window displays on
the screen etc.