[Glade-devel] Recommended build environment (for Win32)

I want to build Glade3 on a Win32 system, and was wondering what is the best
environment for it?

I have MSVC8, MSVC7, and a simple Cygwin setup (no GCC). I could install
Cygwin's GCC or Mingw if that is the recommended one to use.

Cint (http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html) was the last project I compiled on
this system through Cygwin. It had a nice 'Configure' option for building
using msvc8's compiler/linker, but it also supports cygwin, mingw options.

It would be nice to be able to take the compiled results and use it on other
systems that don't have any special libraries etc. Although requiring gtk+
to be installed would be fine.

Leyland Needham