[Glade-devel] get_children() get_internal_child() CleanUp

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 19:45 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 18:18 -0300, Juan Pablo Ugarte wrote:
While coding a custom widget library i realize we do not take into
account GTK_WIDGET_COMPOSITE_CHILD() and i am not sayin we should but
this make me think we might be able to get rid of get_children() and
get_internal_child functions :)

So, less words more action!

Unfortunately, there are more composite children in gtk+ that are
configurable in glade than widgets actually marked as composite
children using push/pop_composite_child(), I dont remember ATM
which ones they are, but I also do remember discussion on gtk-devel
mailing lists that amounted to the fact that the gtk+ maintainers
werent very interested in enforcing a rule about marking composite
children as 'composite', in the end its better we also manage it
ourselves.

Ah yes!, i know, i expresed myself wrong i did not want to say that we
should use that flag.
the patch i sent mark composite widgets in the post_create function and
save them on a list in GladeWidget this way we can get rid of
get_children() and get_internal_child functions.

The patch is a draft because i wanted to hear your opinion about it
before finishing it because i migth be omiting some important special
case wich makes trying to get rid of them imposible :)

greets

Juan P.