[Glade-devel] [Fwd: Re: Glade-3 going into feature freeze]

On 6/22/06, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba at gmail.com> wrote:

On 6/22/06, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org> wrote:

[....]

So I guess in the long term we might want to add them to libgnomedb
itself, although it would be really nice if we could generate the code
automatically. We've been doing this for C# bindings and it's worked
pretty well. Since I guess it's not possible to auto-generate them, then
I'll guess we'll have to do a good job in keeping them up-to-date. It
would be great if the initial support was written by some experienced
glade-3 developer, and then we, gnome-db maintainers, will try to keep
it up-to-date

What do you think Vivien?

Yes, good idea; also the gnome-db widget's API seems quite stable now
so that work won't be wasted by any other major API change.

Ok,
    firstly my apologies for not replying sooner (as I have my mind
on alot of things simultainiously these days).

Currently we are maintaining the gnomeui widget catalog in glade3 cvs.
Daniel has expressed an interest to write the gnome-db catalog, so I
would welcome that... and provide any help that he might need along the
way (Daniel: you can feel free to email me any questions or join me
in #glade3 at irc.gnome.org)

Lets make a stable 3.0 release of glade3 including the gnomeui and
gnomedb catalogs, and then try to move them into gnomeui & gnomedb
respectively afterwards (not sure what that will spell in terms of rpm and
debian packages... but I think they can handle it).