[Glade-devel] Adding stock items

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 23:26 -0300, Juan Pablo Ugarte wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 15:24 -0800, Jeff Westerinen wrote:
Much like the requirement we had for adding our own widgets, we also
have a requirement to add our own stock images.  Is there any kind
of procedure for adding to the list of stock images that pops up for
the "Stock Image" property of the GtkImage widget?
Hello Jeff, yes! you can register them in the catalog init function
gtk_stock_add() and dont forget to define that prefix with
glade_standard_stock_append_prefix()

anywaysm just take a look at gnomeui catalog init function
glade_gnomeui_init()

Jeff,
    If you think of something nice to handle stock items and how
catalogs can provide them, that would be great - and worth writing
down somewhere in bugzilla - I just want to clarify that this feature
was never really analyzed - it was a rush to make gnome stock icons
appear in the menu - the first shortcoming of this I can point out
is the user has no idea what icons are safe to use in a gtk+-only
project.