[Glade-devel] recent projects, GKeyFile and GtkUIManager

Juan Pablo Ugarte wrote:
Hello everyone

This is a much cleaner patch, it adds recent projects support and uses
the new GtkUIManager.
Recent Project management needs some polish (see all the "WARNING"
comments) but the migration to GtkUIManager should be complete :D

Hmmm,
     I think the best thing to do for GKeyFile saving is to follow
whats been done in glade-parser.c, for portability; I think that
we should:

     - Move the `#ifdef _MSC_VER' and `#ifdef G_OS_WIN32' defines
       from glade-parser.c to glade-utils.c

     - Expose `write_buffer_contents ()' as `glade_util_write_buffer ()'
       in glade-utils.[ch] (i.e. Move write_buffer_contents &
       write_buffer_contents_stdio from glade-parser.c to glade-utils.c).

I think that something should be done also for your mkdir, instinct
tells me that it should be the same as with open/fdopen (i.e.
if _MSC_VER then #define to `_mkdir' and wrap it with a function
in glade-utils.c).

Maybe someone with win32 knowlage can reply on this one...

As for the UIManager code, I struggled a but with the old item factory
stuff, trying to get the project selection menu to display as radio
items (showing which project is currently selected), can you, did you
get that to work properly using the UIManager ?

PD: Does anyone know why GladeProjectWindowClass does not have a
glade_project_window_dispose function?
I would like to freed the recent_projects queue :D

Personally I'd like to stay away from using "dispose" methods, we
currently dont have any complicated situations with circular references
(hence the need for a complicated two-step object destruction process),
so if we can get away with just freeing all our resources in finalize
methods, the code will stay simpler.