[Glade-devel] RE: tooltips

Damon wrote:

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 21:54, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

Damon wrote:

 o The tooltip property isn't working. For lots of
widgets it doesn't
   even appear.

I've fixed this one. The only thing that it's missing is to
remove the
tooltip if the user sets it back to nothing. Is there any way to
remove an existing tooltip? Other than having a GtkTooltips by
GtkWidget, and disabling the GtkTooltips of the concerned widget, I
don't see any other way.

It is still saving tooltips for widgets like
GtkLabel/GtkTable that don't have them.

Ok, I've fixed that now.

Also, it is saving tooltips if they are empty, e.g.
  <property name="tooltip"></property>
It should probably not save them in that case.

Relooking at this code, I've seen that it takes the decision of saving it or
not in function of the default value of glade-property.

However the default value of glade-property depends on what's on the
widget's xml files, so when we change this value, it also modifies what we
write to the xml files when we save a project (that's the reverse of what I
said you a few days ago).

I can't not even put the blame on somebody else, as I think that it was me
who wrote this code. I want the Default on the widget's xml files to not
modify what we save, so I will do the needed changes to fix that.