[Glade-devel] Re: Updated Glade manual now in CVS HEAD.

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 14:19, Patrick Costello wrote:

I have included all of your technical comments into the latest version of
the Glade Manual and put the final version back into CVS HEAD as well as
into the gnome-2-branch for Glade.

Thanks for that.

- Regarding the overall strategy of one Help manual or three, this is what
I think we should do:

      o In Help, I think there should be only one manual, i.e. the main Help
manual.
      o I think the Turbo Start and FAQ should be removed from Help.
      o I think that the Turbo Start and FAQ are useful documents, but that they
should be located in            a Glade-specific part of gnome.developer.org.
      o I think that the Help manual should provide a ulink to the Turbo Start
and the FAQ in the                      gnome.developer.org location.

If we follow this strategy, then users still get the benefit of the Turbo
Start and the FAQ, but we do not have to be so rigorous about the stylistic
compliance of the content, or about updating these documents for each Glade
revision or GNOME Desktop revision.

I think I'll just remove the Turbo Start altogether, since it is pretty
old.

But I don't think I can really remove the FAQ. It is meant to cover the
most common problems people have, so should be easily available from
within Glade. I may reformat it though, since yelp seems to have
problems with the DocBook tags used.

Damon