[Glade-devel] Coding style

Il giorno ven, 17-12-2004 alle 11:34 +0000, Damon Chaplin ha scritto:
On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 21:52, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:31:10 +0000, Archit Baweja
<bighead users sourceforge net> wrote:
[...]
Same for some while loops etc.

I know its a little thing, but I'd recommend following one style, that
too the old one. Keeping the coding style consistent is a good thing.

Argh,
   we went through all that a few months ago during the project
revival, the HACKING file has a note about that.

The style is:
=========
if (...)
{
    /* ... */
}
=========

The other style (still present in some areas of the code) is
being removed slowly, patch by patch.

I can't believe you did that. The old style is the one used throughout
GNOME. There was absolutely no need to change it.

Just to clarify:

the preferred style was changed to "brace on a new line" back when
Joaquin was the maintainer: he started committing chuncks of code with
this style, so I asked him which one he preferred and went on converting
the files I was already editing, since I was fine with either styles and
the only thing I was concerned was consistency.

For what is worth large chunks of gnome use this style (8 spaces tab
indent, braces on a new line), for instance gedit and epiphany.

ciao
        paolo