[Glade-devel] [Glade] External library

--- Cornet Mickael <mickael_cornet yahoo fr> wrote:

 --- Joaquin Cuenca Abela <e98cuenc yahoo com> a
�crit
:

--- Cornet Mickael <mickael_cornet yahoo fr>
wrote:

Thank you Shane,

I study the gtk-base.xml and the glade-gtk.c
files
and
there is the library parameter. I think I have
write my own files (.xml + .c) to use my
library.

Please note that if your graphic library is not
based
in gtk (ie, you should implement gtk widgets),
then
you will not be able to use it in glade3.

The mechanism in place only helps to insulate
glade3
from the specifics of gtkwidgets, but not from the
specifics of any graphic library whatsoever.

If your library is gtk+ based, then I can give you
sample of what needs to be done to make it work.

Cheers,

Ok, my library is not based on GTK but I would like
adapt GTK widgets to my library properties in order
generate glade (xml) files that I will convert with
script to c code for my applications, do you think
it
can be possible with Glade3?

Nope. I don't understand everything (adapt gtk widgets
to your library properties??), but you should note
that glade3 should discover the properties of your
widgets.

Glade3 does it using the reflection mechanisms
provided in gtk+, so if your widgets don't show its
properties that way, glade3 is not gonna see anything.

The xml files are just there to specify some details
of the properties that can't be expressed in gtk+, or
to add some fake properties.

To discover the widgets in your library, glade3 is
basically gonna look in the catalogs for widgets to
instanciate, and it will instanciate it using the
widgetname_type_init (not sure about the exact
name...)

So if your widgets are not gtk+ widgets, that's not
gonna work at all.

Cheers,

=====
Joaquin Cuenca Abela