[Glade-devel] Re: Glade 3 development

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 04:26:00PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
Hello.

Is the following problem solved already?

The problem: I used much time to develop a GUI. Then I found
out that I should have put a vbox and a menubar at the top level
of the widget hierarchy. So, I had to delete the exiting GUI and
start all over again!

Hi -

One solution is to open up the widget tree, select the branch which you
want to move and `cut' it (there's an option on the context menu).

Then, being careful not to clobber the clipboard, add the vbox you want
and select `paste' into the box.

A related problem is when I want re-use a part of the created GUI
in another application.

I have just confirmed for myself that opening a project does not wipe
the clipboard - so you can cut/copy in one project, open another and
paste.

Solution: I should be able to save a widget hierarchy to a file
or a clipboard and to import any saved hiearchy.
       ^^^^^^^^^

       :-)

An external tool might be able to save/restore the clipboard contents to
file, if the clipboard is not specific to just glade (i.e., its shared
across either X or GTK/Gnome)

--
Jonathan Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/