[Glade-devel] Re: Glade 3 development

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
Hello.

Is the following problem solved already?

The problem: I used much time to develop a GUI. Then I found
out that I should have put a vbox and a menubar at the top level
of the widget hierarchy. So, I had to delete the exiting GUI and
start all over again!

A related problem is when I want re-use a part of the created GUI
in another application.

Solution: I should be able to save a widget hierarchy to a file
or a clipboard and to import any saved hiearchy.

Note that the solution is not a careful predesign (as suggested by
Glade docs).

Regards,
Juhana

You didn't have to delete everything! Just use cut from the view->widget tree menu.
then insert your vbox.  then paste.  This has been glade for quiet some time.
-todd