[Glade-devel] Re: glade code generation

Joaquin Cuenca Abela <e98cuenc free fr> wrote:
<snip>
In the same sense that when you do a singleton the user should use a
::getInstance method, but you still make the constructors private.
Just to be sure.

I'm not sure what you mean.  `::getInstance'' does the same job as a
constructor, no?  In any case, this is a UI change.  Obviously, we don't
want to have a button that says ``click here to load the user-generated
code into $EDITOR''.  But, modifying the generated code is physically
possible, just like it's physically possible to write a bit of assembler
to call the (private) constructor.

There is an important difference between "he shouldn't" and "he
can't".

Right.  Which is why ``he can't'' has been banished from the Un*x
vocabulary.  I don't see the reason for your urge to destroy features to
enforce any notion of right & wrong, though.

Cheers,

Jon Cast