TR : [Glade-devel] Re: [LONG] Glade and Anjuta

I forgot to CC the list:

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Joaquin Cuenca Abela [mailto:e98cuenc free fr]=20
Envoy=E9 : vendredi 7 mars 2003 08:05
=C0 : 'Biswapesh Chattopadhyay'
Objet : RE : [Glade-devel] Re: [LONG] Glade and Anjuta

Biswapesh wrote:
=20
[snip]
Ok, so first, let's do a quick presentation of glade.
Damon Chaplin
did
[snip]
=20
So, glade-3 si not likely to be complte anytime soon - is

The things lacking in glade-3 when compared with glade-2 are:

1) Stability
2) Menu Editor
3) Being able to add new catalogs

Point 1 is not really *sooo* bad.  Point 2 is the most important IMHO.

that it ? Looks like the anjuta1/anjuta2 situation all over again. Boy

I hate code rewrites ! :-(

Hey, it's not my fault ;-)

Ignore this - a simple widget is O.K - we'll put it in a scrollable=20
container - in fact, that's actually a better solution. BTW, I hope=20
your widgets emit the necessary signals.

Bad news.  I've just changed them from a window widget to a non window
one.  All the communication between widgets is not yet done with
signals, but I will start adding them asap.

I don't think it belongs to glade to do that.  We're a
"build a GUI"
tool, not a gtk+ instrospector.  What's the problem
implementing that
on anjuta itself?
=20
Can you tell me how then to get the prototype for the function ? How=20
did glade-1 do it ? Was it all hardcoded ? I want the ability to=20
define custom widgets. Is there any way to introspect in GTK (maybe=20
some marshaller call ?)

You should have the Gtype of the widget.  Then you call
g_signal_list_ids & g_signal_query.  That should give you everything you
need to build the prototype of the callback.