[Glade-devel] Cut/Paste + Undo/Redo bug

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 11:42, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
I've committed the patch, but I've changed where the ref happens.

Now, we ref a widget & the placeholder when we create/destroy/cut/paste
it.  That's, at the very beginning of the operation (as we're
referencing the widgets on cmd->widget & cmd->placeholder).

When we destroy the operation, we unref them.

When we replace the widget with a new placeholder, then we ref the new
placeholder.

That's all.  This way we should be safe & not leak.  At least it's
working here[TM], and it looks more natural than the current "ops, we're
going to remove the widget from its parent, reference it now or it will
be destroyed" :-)

Great!

P.S.: Paolo, am I still missing some of your patches, or this big patch
had everything?

If I remember correctly it should have everything, I'll recheck if
something is missing and in case I'll commit it myself, since apart from
the above bugfix there were just cleanups.

The only thing that was not in the patch, is the bugfix for the
selection of a placeholder that also trigger the selection of its
container: I posted a patch that fixed it sometime ago, but I didn't
like it a lot, so if you come up with a better fix it would be great :)

ciao
        paolo