[Glade-devel] memory problems using libglade2

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 01:37, Bas Driessen wrote:
Even if "top" is not that precise, still it is not a good sign that
memory usage only goes up and never goes down like other applications
running on my machine. Can you suggest a better tool to analyze memory
usage?

Just because top reports a higher memory usage doesn't mean the app
really uses more memory. I heard the kernel doesn't really free the
memory until it's needed.
"Inaccurate" is an understatement: the reported memory usage can be
plain wrong.

And sorry, I don't know any better tools. I don't think they exist.
Maybe you could try to use a memory leak detector instead, like memprof.