[gitg] Problems building gitg-3.23.90 form source on Debian 8

Hello!

Ever since I installed Lubuntu on my old-laptop I've been using GitG for git-related stuff. (It's really awesome.)
About a week ago I decided to install Xubuntu LTS onto my main-pc, as I really started to like linux. Unfortunately, the gitg version in the default repository was outdated & horribly broken (can't remember wich version exactly).
>From that moment on I've been trying to build GitG from source. In the middle of installing/building dependencies I encountered some LVM-problems, wich caused me to switch to Debian 8+XFCE (skipping a very large portion here since it really is irrelevant).
After hours of installing/building dependencies I finally could do the 'sudo make install' on GitG (3.23.90), but it failed with an error I don't understand/can't solve.
I've put the output of 'sudo make install' into a pastebin (https://pastebin.com/kKSDYDMV), and I really hope somebody can help me fix this error so I can finally do my codings on my main pc again :)

Kind Regards,
Ravi
Note: I'm not an Indian altough my name is ;)