[gitg] libgit2-glib-1.0 version issues while building

Hi together,

I'm working as a software developer and using gitg a lot. But at least
the version I am using (0.2.7) could need some improvement. Because I
have some spare time in the next weeks, I wanted to check out the latest
version from the git repository, see what is better and what is still to
do and then commit a line or two to the source code. ;)

But that's harder than I would have thought. I tried to build from
source as explained here [1]. After some minor issues with libgit2 and
libgit2-glib (which kept me busy for some hours), I know seem to have a
problem with the libgit2-glib-1.0 version.

As said in [1], I checked out tag v0.22.2 . When running ./autogen.sh in
the gitg source directory, I get the following:

"...
Requested 'libgit2-glib-2.0 >= 0.23.5' but version of libgit2-glib is 0.0.22
..."

I have 2 questions:
1) Is the version 0.0.22 a misstake, or does this mean 0.22.x ?
2) The newest tag in the libgit2-glib git repo is v0.23.4 . How can I
then install 0.23.5?

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards,
  David