Re: [gitg] Bugzilla bugs for the new gitg

2013/4/3 Guilhem Bonnefille <guilhem bonnefille gmail com>
Perhaps can I suggest the following: someone in the team file a ticket for any feature planned and then, keep responsability to close these bugs when features are added.
By this way, you will both give visibility over the development activity and discourage people to file bug on missing features.

No, because:

1) It makes me feel like working with jhbuild, if at all I manage to find spare time to work on it these days, I want to hack, not file bugs for features, maintain them just for fun. At this point, writing code is productive.
2) Bugzilla isn't very pleasant/lightweight to use. It's fine for tracking bugs but I'm not going to spend time on it to track _all_ of gitg features while porting the newer version. If you want to know which features we are working on, it's the ones that were in the old gitg and aren't yet in the new one...
3) There isn't a lot of activity on bugzilla _anyway_ and almost nobody is tracking it to get news updates on a project...
4) We occasionally send messages to the mailing list, although not that frequent.
5) Nobody is yet using the newer gitg because it's pretty non-straightforward to build (webkit2, latest vala) and it's simply not ready to be used yet
6) Less talk, more code!

Once again, the last public and stable release is really old. In order to keep interest over gitg, you have to send some keep-alive messages. :-)