Re: [gitg] Released 0.2.1

On 03/26/2011 12:34 AM, Nacho wrote:
> I released 0.2.1 that fixes a few problems.

While I'm happy to see a new release I just noticed that gitg 0.2.0 and
later require GTK+ 3.

GTK+ 3 has not arrived at all major distros yet: I cannot find it in
Debian testing or unstable (Debian experimental only) nor Gentoo's main
tree (overlay "gnome" only).

I co-maintain gitg in Gentoo.  gitg's new hard dependency on GTK+ 3
makes it currently impossible to me to pass anything beyond gitg 0.1.0
to our users, which means less people testing the latest gitg version
for you.

Please consider bringing back support for GTK+ 2.

Out of curiosity: which distro are you using?  Do you use a local
installation or GTK+ or GTK+ 3 from that distro?

Best,

Sebastian