Re: Private virtual methods

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 at 00:14, Tony Houghton <h realh co uk> wrote:
OK, what I didn't realise was that the way to document virtual methods is as members of the class, which sounds obvious now. Is it important to document all virtual methods this way, or are the tools that generate gir and typelib files able to deduce the presence of function pointer class members if you use the "virtual" annotation on the corresponding public functions?

Wait, there's a problem with that. The reason I want to document the virtual method is to annotate the parameters etc in case I want to write a subclass that implements that method in a higher level language with bindings. I can't do that in documentation for a class member, so is my only choice to add a wrapper function as per a normal virtual function?