Re: array of struct

On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 10:19 +0000, Demeyer Jonathan wrote:
Hello,

(please, tell me if I post on the wrong mailing-list)
I'm trying to read values written by a C library (with GObjects) in
python with g-i. I try to mix C and Python in a GStreamer application.

I would suggest the python-hackers list, but it looks like you’ve
already cross-posted there.

I have followed the pattern here (i.e. using GBoxedType) :
http://blog-vpodzime.rhcloud.com/?p=33
I made it works but I'm stuck when the structure defined in C has an
array of another structure.
In the real program (too complicated to show it to you), a get a :
** (python3:5741): CRITICAL **: Stack overflow protection. Can't copy
array element into GIArgument.
*snip*

I can’t see anything obviously wrong with this, so I suggest you file a
bug against pygobject. From my brief playing around, it seems like
pygobject doesn’t handle arrays of structs (as opposed to arrays of
pointers to structs) — it’s interpreting each TutAnotherStruct instance
as a TutAnotherStruct* and hence the 0-filled ones get interpreted as
None.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=pygobject

Philip