jgir enhancement

hi,
we're in a process to rewrite gstreamer-java to use
gobject-introspection and we'd like to use jgir as a base for it.
but we've got a few questions about the current jgir if you can help us.

- first of all jgir use "GLib/GObject interface layer adapted from
gstreamer-java". our question is why? it seems repository and glib2
itself already has gobject-introspection ie:
GIRepository-2.0.typelib
GLib-2.0.typelib
GModule-2.0.typelib
GObject-2.0.typelib
Gio-2.0.typelib
so why we can't use it fir itself also?

- currently the src/org/gnome/gir/repository contains the wrapper for
the git itself. are these hand made classes? since there is a
GIRepository-2.0.gir (at least in the current gobject-introspection
version). so wouln't it be better to generate these classes to? or these
files contains some hacks?

- these files src/gobject from the gstreamer-java project or do you add
some code for it? and wouldn't it be possible to generate from the
current GLib-2.0.gir, GModule-2.0.gir, GObject-2.0.gir, Gio-2.0.gir
files (or the equivalent typelib).

- as we can see jgir only can create jar file ie only class and not java
source files. wouldn't it be more clear way to create java file from the
xml (not the typelib) in this case we can generate docs and java code
too and simple compile the java codes? in this case we can even add some
kind of "post-processing" of java files if some files are generated
wrong or buggy code. or the class you generate is easier to compile than
to generate java code? or you not even to generate a valid java file for
these classes?

can you give us a bit detailed description of the current code ie some
kind of description for programmers. of course the main question is just
those ~10 files in src/org/gnome/gir/compiler who do they work, what is
the purpose of each what we've to fix, enhance or rewrite etc. how do
you generate classes etc. may be we can do some kind of conference call
after review all the code and we've more technical questions about it.

thanks in advance.
regards.