Re: [Gimp-web] [Gimp-developer] Discontinuation of mailing lists and moving to Discourse

Hi,
gimp-user-list gnome org (2022-10-18 at 0225.30 +0100):
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 10:00:24PM +0200, Jehan Pagès via gimp-developer-list wrote:
Hi!
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 9:48 PM Rick Strong <rnstrong primus ca> wrote:

So if I want to ask a question about using GIMP, or respond to a question,
how do I do it?
Well basically same as you always did, except that now it will be on one of
the Discourse instances, such as the pixls.us one or the GNOME one. Instead
of being subscribed to a mailing list, it's on Discourse (which is
basically a modern-time forum, as I see it), on which you'd have a
login/account. :-)

Jehan
As a linux user, this feels like a retrograde step (there are ways
of running mailing lists without python2, such as sympa, although
they tend to work sub-optimally).  But it is outside my, and your,
control so thanks for the forewarning.

Dropping Python 2 is possible, Mailman 3 uses Python 3. *shrug*

Cheers,
GSR