Re: [Gimp-web] [New here] I would like to offer my help!

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 03:05:21PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi Pat!

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 09:43:19 -0500
Pat David via gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org> wrote:

Howdy!

We have a few different web properties that are handled a little
differently.

Primarily we have https://www.gimp.org which is the main website people
usually find.
This site is currently a static website built using the Pelican generator
(Python 3 right now).
The repo for the website is here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/gimp-web

I would like to migrate this to use Hugo (https://gohugo.io) instead.

A few questions:

1. How is Hugo superior to Pelican wrt the gimp.org site?

Good point. I thought that hugo was better for the asciidoc support but
since also Pelican can do asciidoc (see:
https://duncanlock.net/blog/2021/01/12/using-asciidoc-and-asciidoctor-for-blogging/)
I really have no preference. I am really rooting for asciidoc for the website...

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa