[Gimp-web] login: what the hell?

I was trying to login to the developer mailing list from Safari using the links from the contact page. It
says there are no new subscriptions due to spam, and there are other services to login. I tried to login
using Github, and when I placed my credentials from Github and tried to login, it sends me back to the same
login page.If I place my Github credentials and click on the Github, it sends me back to the login page. If I
place nothing, but having started session in Github, I click on the Github login and again, it sends me back
to the login page.

And If I say screw it and try to close the tab, it does not close the tab, and if I move the tab that has the
login page to a new window, and try to close the window from Safari, it won’t close. So, again, what the
hell? does the Gimp login has such an ego that believes the user is not allowed to close the page, even if
totally useless? I am writing this by searching in Google ‘Gimp mail list’, and since I was not able to post
to the developer list I write here to request features

—————

better transparency: I’ve noticed that Gimp is quite similar to Fireworks from Adobe / Macromedia, but even
though Fireworks was discontinued in 2013 it has better brushes and transparency. Not only can I set a
transparent background without ‘hacks’ or tricks, but I can see the transparent areas, and both with pencils,
brushes, paint buckets and other ways I can handle different levels of transparency, as it has alpha as a
color channel instead of an option

textured brushes. I don’t mean a set of bitmaps repeated in succession, but randomized patterns and patterns
that are linked to the position in the bitmap, not a sequence in a list. That means that I can choose from a
list a rock or metal texture, and as I paint it will look as a rock or a metal sheet, not a series of rock
bitmaps or a series of metal pieces

efficient filters and effects. Yea yea, python because is hipster and stuff. The result is that instead of
clicking on the filter name and watch the results even in a current computer with enough memory and ssd
drive, I have to wait half a minute to see the results, but even though what I care is results and what I see
on screen, I should be happy because it was written in python