Re: [Gimp-web] Possible download infection

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:58:16 +0000
Evgeniy Ivanov via gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org> wrote:

Hello Gimp team,

The latest version of GIMP
gimp-2.10.18-setup-2.exe<https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/bf6ce59587e63e1e8bab923e7dfdaa0f2c8bd3ac4d0ced602f3c063f9e32465c/detection>
downloaded directly from your web page and installed gives alarms by
Microsoft Security Essentials. SHA256 of the download is correct. Checking
with VirusTotal by the link provided on https://www.gimp.org/downloads/ also
gives two positive detections. Sending pics with info from MSE on my PC.
Please confirm and advice if we should not use this version!

Hi Evgeniy!

Please see https://pysolfc.sourceforge.io/#anti-viruses (a different project of
mine, but same issue).

With best wishes,
Evgeniy Ivanov

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Star Trek: “We, the Living Dead” - https://shlom.in/st-wtld

I often wonder why I hang out with so many people who are so pedantic. And
then I remember — because they are so pedantic.
    — an Israeli Perl Monger