Re: [Gimp-web] New here, I'd like to help

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Christopher Watson wrote:
Saw that the gimp plugin registry is down right now and I'd like to help.
Anything that needs to be done with web design/development I'm available
for. I'd like to help bring the Gimp project into this decade

I'm not sure what the latter statement is supposed to mean :)  But all
help is welcome. The problem in this particular case is that we don't
seem to have agreed on any implementation specifics.

What we have agreed on is that we want the new registry to be as
secure as possible. Beyond that opinions appear to differ, or so I
understand the situation.

Another thing is that we really, really want extensions to be easy to
install. As easy as Firefox/Chrome extensions. The problem is that
while all sorts of brushes and gradients, as well as Script-Fu scripts
and Python plugins are OS-agnostic, plugins written in C have to be
compiled, and they aren't always available in the binary form for all
architectures of all supported operating systems.

I'm guessing the server side with a web front-end for downloading
could be the first step towards that goal, as it would pretty much
substitute the now defunct registry.

Alex