Re: [Gimp-web] 25 years of Photoshop > 20 years of TheGIMP ?

enkidu (enkidu excite com) wrote:
I noticed just today the Big Adobe Show commemorating photoshop.
But hey, I've been using TheGimp since - what - 1999 ?
and wikipedia tells me :

"Development of GIMP began in 1995 as a semester-long project at the
University of California, Berkeley; the first public release of GIMP
(0.54) was made in January 1996"

There is a semi-secret plan to celebrate at the chaos communication camp
this august:

  https://events.ccc.de/2015/02/10/chaos-communication-camp-2015-save-the-date/

Gimp will have a presence there, friends are welcome  :)

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/