Re: [Gimp-web] Clarification on site title

* Marco Ciampa <ciampix libero it> [08-20-15 20:18]:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 09:33:54PM +0000, Pat David wrote:
drc mentioned on irc the other day that the title should read just "GNU
Image Manipulation Program".

Our current site has this same text in the header, but the TITLE attribute
for the page lists it as:

"GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program"

Which one is semantically correct?  Failing a correctness test with
semantics, which is the preferred title?  With/without "The"?

my 2 euro cent:

They always told me to not use the article, as it is incorrect for
acronyms.

For instance you do not say: the U.S.A. or the I.B.M.

re: his question, he is not, "the GIMP", but "The GNU..."

And I cannot say using "The" is incorrect as I believe it is correct both
ways, with or without.