Re: [Gimp-web] [Gimp-developer] Jenkins infrastructure (Was: Jenkins tutorial)

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Sam Gleske <sam mxracer gmail com> wrote:

@gimp-dev, @gimp-web
My crawler has a stable release now.  I'd like to request permission to
crawl www.gimp.org.  It will be restricted to that domain and have
request delays implemented to minimize impact.

FYI most of the requests will only be HTTP method HEAD -
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.4

It only requests headers and not the response body so it would actually be
less of an impact than most crawlers when doing the actual link testing.
For the crawling itself the response body is received so that it can find
other links.

SAM