[Gimp-web] Website feedback, Macports GIMP 2.8.10 - works!

Hello,

Hoping this is the appropriate place to pass website content feedback.

First - wow, I'm a long time user of GIMP and I'm still very much a
beginner.  Amazed at what it can do!

Re: www.gimp.org/downloads

"Macports

A (easy?) way to compile and install GIMP and other great Free
software on your Mac is by using Macports. The installer allows you to
choose from a large directory of packages. To install gimp using
Macports, you simply do sudo port install gimp once you have Macports
installed.

Disclaimer: we have not investigated if it's feasible to build GIMP
2.8 from Macports. The GIMP port file mentions 2.8.10, and appears to
be maintained, however."

Just wanted to pass along that I was able to successfully build GIMP
2.8.10 on Mac OS X, Mavericks (10.9.1) 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i7.  It took
about an hour and yes the CPU's all hit 100C while humming along, 113C
the highest temp ;-)

Thank you,

Rod