Re: [Gimp-web] is it in gimp yet?

On 17.10.12 at 10:37 pm Michael Schumacher wrote:
On 17.10.2012 14:43, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
http://www.blenderguru.com/is-it-in-blender-yet/
Looks interesting. Should we reuse the idea?
What sort of features would you put there?

I like that idea, too.
Let's not miss the following:

* items for the 'green side':
- features that arise out of the product vision, like the Levels and Curves tools for photo editing, - things that make GIMP unique among competitors, like the ability to move selections, supported file formats, etc., - things users once wished (for a long time, maybe) and that are now in GIMP, for instance single window mode, the cage tool, etc.

* things that are started, but still not finished, may they be abandoned or work in progress. For instance I think of the refine brush in the foreground selection tool. We could point out there, what still needs to be done to increase the chances a willing contributor or we ourselves will finish the work.

* the roadmap infos for particular features (planned for GIMP 2.10 etc.)

Kind regards,

Sven