No different than "suggesting" someone use photoshop to this list than
affinity - all closed source and not real alternatives.
"Linux is for losers" :D :D :D

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 8:46 AM Rick Strong <rnstrong primus ca> wrote:

No, I was just trying to be helpful to those who may be looking for an
inexpensive alternative. It would seem I've disturbed the religious
purists.
Linux is for losers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2022 11:33 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Affinity is an alternative

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 01:01:57PM -0400, Rick Strong wrote:
I don’t want to dis GIMP, which has been good for me, but I do suggest
people look at Affinity software at https://affinity.serif.com.

Their three products: Publisher (publication layout), Photo (photo and
pixel  manipulation) and Designer (vector illustration) are all first
rate. Very low priced and NO SUBSCRIPTION. Free trials. Win, Mac & Ipad
versions. A very helpful community. This is my go-to suite now.

Cheers,
Rick S.

For some of us, particularly those on linux and BSDs, free/libre
source which we can compile ourselves is important.  Recommending
proprietary software on what is still a gimp list sounds like
trolling.

ĸen
--
Greater love hath no woman for the premiership than to lay down the
life of her bosom friend in an attempt to save her own skin.