Re: [Gimp-user] Rotating the entire frame of reference

1: Yes: https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-view-flip-rotate.html
2: The same that you would tilt a piece of paper when drawing. Not very
useful if you edit  photos with your mouse, but a lot more if you pain
using a tablet.
3: Yes, just hit '!' (exclamation mark)
4: Not as far as I know. Note that in the same vein Crtl-MB is the zoom.