Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp Does not Open

On Friday, July 29, 2022, 22:35:27, A A via gimp-user-list wrote:

Hope you are staying safe and having a good day.  I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and installed Gimp to
my desktop.  When attempting to open Gimp it will not open.  I tried several options suggested by other
Gimp users but none seem to work.  I read it has something to do with Nvidia which I have on my system.
How can I fix this?

When you click the GIMP icon in Start menu, does anything at all happen? If it doesn't, try this: right-click
the Start button, choose Run, and put the following in the Open text field:

"C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe" --verbose

Then click OK. Hopefully, you'll get at least a black window with some text this time. Right-click the
titlebar of this window, choose Edit → Select All from the menu, then press Enter - this copies the content
of the window to clipboard. Please paste the result in e-mail, it'll hopefully tell why GIMP isn't starting
properly.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Of two possible events, only the undesired one will occur.
       -- Dude's Law of Duality