[Gimp-user] Deleting filter presets

Certain filter dialogs have the ability to save Presets -- for example, the
"Sharpen (Unsharp Mask)" filter or the Adjust Color Curves tool.

What I cannot figure out is how to delete an existing named Preset.  Also,
if I change parameters and try to overwrite an existing named Preset, a new
Preset is created with the same name, but each now have #1 and #2 appended
to the names, cluttering up the Presets list.

It looks like the Presets are being saved in the
*~/.config/GIMP/2.10/filters*  directory.  I can exit GIMP and edit the
appropriate file, but  this seems wrong.  Isn't there a way to remove them
from within GIMP?

I looked through the documentation but didn't find  and general discussion
of removing Presets.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.