Re: [Gimp-user] Debian 11, updated, Gimp 2.10.22 - bad clone tool

Em 21/10/2021 17:56, Dedeco Balaco via gimp-user-list escreveu:

Em 21/10/2021 17:19, Liam R. E. Quin escreveu:
On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 20:12 -0300, Dedeco Balaco via gimp-user-list
wrote:
The configure script was and is here.
The problem  is that you must first build and install babl, then gegl,
and, as  the error message says, you must set PKG_CONFIG_PATH (a shell
variable):

configure: error: Package requirements (babl >= 0.0.22) were not met:
No package 'babl' found

To repeat:

To build GIMP  2.10.28 on an older Debian Linux, you will need to
start
with building the following:
libmypaint (the 1.3 branch)
libgtk+2, libgdk2, glib from gnome, using jhbuild
babl (with meson; i'm not sure autoconf is still supported for babl
and gegl)
gegl
Install ALL of these into a custom prefix
However, this will not fix the clone tool and neither  would installing
an older version.
Since one or two days ago, there is a question i have been waiting an
answer, in this list: is the behaviour change i describe in my
problem possible to achieve with normal changes in 2.10.22 settings?
No but it is possible to make it happen using the gnome or  MATE
accessibility settings.

I have some accessibility tools actived for me. To see where the
mouse
pointer is, i (press and) _release_ the ctrl key,
Try turning it off, at least temporarily, and see if that fixes gimp's
clone for you. It did  for me. I think it's  a  bug in the gnome
accessibility toolkit.
You found the problem.    (:    If i disable the "show me mouse cursor"
checkbox, gimp clone immediately works as documented. No restart, no
closed window, nothing. Just check and uncheck it (the mouse
accessibility window apply changes instantly). And no close+open gimp
either.

And this problem was inserted with the update i did, a few weeks ago,
from Debian 9 to Debian 11. I did not change these settings together
with the update, and i used gimp normally, before.

A bug where? Well, firefox and vivaldi use "ctrl+click" too, and they do
it now as they did before.

So, for now, i will accept this reality: gimp clone tool is different
for me. But i will use it as usual, anyway. Nothing lost.

I imagined an answer would happen to explain everything, clarifying all
I have discovered and described in these last paragraphs above.