Re: [Gimp-user] scan-mirrage-effect-Problem with postcard

He would have to mount them   then take the photo

________________________________
From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of Robin Simmons <robin docrobin co uk>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 4:59:18 PM
To: Tim (from Hamburg) <hh tim e mail ch>; gimp-user-list gnome org <gimp-user-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] scan-mirrage-effect-Problem with postcard

Hello Tim,

I have done a lot of scanning but never seen this effect before.  It looks like a limitation of the scanner.
Have you thought of using a camera on a tripod to make copies of the original photos?  You are scanning at
600dpi, but a decent camera should be able to exceed that easily if the originals are no larger than a
postcard (150mm x 100mm).  Just make sure the photos are evenly illuminated and set the camera colour balance
accordingly.

Rob