From: simon budig de <simon budig de>
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 5:42 AM
To: Dave Babcock <dbabcock07 hotmail com>
Subject: Re: Golden Text Bump-Mapping in 2.10.22

Hi Dave.

Dave Babcock (dbabcock07 hotmail com) wrote:
How can this be done in verson 2.10?
Will this plug in you are using here work in it?
Or are there now built in tools that can do the same thing?

I suspect that this is still possible, although I did not try it in
quite a long time...

I tried your tips in 2.10, but don't know how to even try to add the
plugin, where it might be found, or if it would even work in this 2.10
version of GIMP. Some tools look similar, but I've not been able to do
it like this one above.

Hm, the "Lighting Effects" should be shipped together with the GIMP. I
just started it on a somewhat currente developers version. And while
there was a crash lurking in the background I suspect that it will work
OK in the 2.10 release.

The curves tool is certainly there and works.

If you know of a video that shows how to do this effect, that would be
best for me. I've been looking for one, but not spotted it yet.

heh, maybe I should start my own youtube career  :)

I hope this helps,
        Simon
--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/