Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 10:24 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] scan-mirrage-effect-Problem with postcard

Hi folks,

i'm trying to digitalis a postcard composed out of 4 different photos
(without access to the original). To get the highest resolution possible
i bought me a scanner, but while working grate on normal paper, its got
problems with that glossy postcard-paper i would like to remove
digitally. I scanned the postcard once horizontally and once vertically
in 600 dpi photo mode (see both layers). I rotated one layer and
positioned it roughly, but i am not in search for a complex ai based
filter that removes distortions by combining both scans in a complicated
way, the two layers is just to state my issue.

My question is, is there any filter i can use to remove this
rainbow-like lines in one of the layers and if so, how could i
accomplish this things with gimp.

Ill try to attach the file (ca. 40.8 MB xcf file) here, if this dosnt
work you can download it here:

https://nextcloud05.webo.cloud/s/zJnNawrEHeQ52wY

Password:

nsW8ctvHn!

and send files back here:

https://nextcloud05.webo.cloud/s/RxyW93odREQKqfB

Password:

pp'S6}MQ

Thanks for any help in advance!

Tim

PS: excuse the complicated passwords, they are forced by the provider...

PS2: as expected it didn't work:

<gimp-user-list gnome org>: message size 55977695 exceeds size limit 25480000
     of server smtp.gnome.org[2620:52:3:1:5054:ff:fef4:6212]