Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP *super* slow on new iMac

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 2:10 AM Lani P. Richards via gimp-user-list
<gimp-user-list gnome org> wrote:

I just bought a 27” 2020 iMac with full SSD (not fusion), 8GB memory, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB, 3.1 GHz
6-Core Intel Core i5.

Just drawing with the pen tool has a bunch of lag. This baby can do 5120x2880. Still, I cannot smoothly
draw in GIMP because of extreme lag. What’s going on?

Big Sur isn't very well supported yet. There's another revision coming
of the dmg build with some fixes but we'll have to see if they improve
things for cases like yours.

Alex