[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10.24 - “Smart” Sharpening...

I like the idea of being able to edit photo's, gifs, etc..., in gimp, however, when it comes to sharpening
images, I find the complete lack of some general auto-sharpen, auto-focus image options, quite disconcerting,
to say the least. I understand many users will regularly utilize gimps intricately woven, fine grain options,
for reaching their desired editing outcomes --- but, such popular usage should not automatically disqualify
the need and desire for some specific, yet clear-cut auto-editing options as well. (Such as an exclusive
plug-in which provides auto edit configurations, with several presets that streamline the process, and yet
also allow for adjustments if necessary).

The present inability of gimp to do so, leaves much to be desired. Even upon further searching the gimp
tutorials, when I came to the sections that dealt with sharpening images, not only are the descriptive terms
in the tutorials themselves, different from the actual options presented in the latest version of gimp
(making it excruciatingly difficult to figure out and sometimes impossible quite simply because the options
are just not present, or are found in another window alltogether), but the arduous process described, that
one has to go through, simply to sharpen and focus an image, is exacerbatingly frustrating.

Really, trying to understand the convoluted and disproportionate descriptions (disproportionate because of
the non-correlating explanations of the editing options in gimp itself with the tutorial), as a means to
accomplish the simple edit task I desire, is not what I was expecting at all.

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Smart_Sharpening/

To add further insult to injury, upon searching the additional topic-related links within the tutorial
database, I find that I'm being expected to sift through volumes of even more explanations and descriptions,
that on the whole, are still incredibly disproportionate to the actual functionality of gimps current editing
options, with respect to that of simply attempting to sharpen and//or focus an image.

When I open a photo editing software, as an end user, whom will more often than not, use it to make minor
adjustments, I shouldn't be expected to have to delve into a college-semester's worth of course material,
complete with thesis' and other superfluous reading, that in the end, still does not help me accomplish my
original intended purpose ------- That of simply auto-focusing my entire image, to take away it's fuzzy /
blurry appearance!

Many other photo-shop programs have that option. Why Gimp does not, is really beyond me. All the same, it is
really asinine to not include such an option in the first place. Even if it were simply a small number of
presets within an auto-edit window, that would still be a whole better, than what is currently provided in
gimps editing options.

If I want to take a college course in photo editing, I'll go back to school and do so, but I shouldn't be
expected take on such an endeavor, when all I'm really looking to do, is simple editing --- period!

That's one of the main reasons for creating configuration options within a software program to begin with ---
not to make things harder to access and execute, but rather the exact opposite. And given the vast number of
intricate editing options, already present in a program like gimp, I should think writing code to include
some intuitive yet non-confusing auto-edit options, as aforementioned, is not asking too much!

Thank you for taking the time to consider my feedback. I hope a newer version of Gimp, will take these things
into consideration. (Especially for the sake of all the end users, whom simply are not studio-editing
technicians who've had years of training to master such intricate software editing).

--
 Sent with Tutanota, the secure & ad-free mailbox.