Re: [Gimp-user] Is there a 64-bit only (AMD64) installer available for the Windows platform?

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 16:38:16, Stuart Tyler via gimp-user-list wrote:

I’ve downloaded the latest v2.10.24 installer from the website, which it says is a “combination installer”
that has both the 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (AMD64) installer data combined.  However, as use of 32-bit
Windows is ever-diminishing, I’d prefer to download an AMD64-bit only installer, if possible, as I support
no 32-bit installs of Windows now, so would prefer a smaller file-size installer.

When you install 64-bit version of GIMP, most of 32-bit files are also installed, both to support 32-bit 3rd
party plug-ins, and for TWAIN scanner support (which is currently 32-bit only).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

If a research project is not worth doing at all, it is not worth doing well.
       -- Gordon's First Law