Re: [Gimp-user] blured text on PDF-export

On Mon, 2020-09-21 at 20:49 +0200, live hushmail com wrote:
No, I imported several scans, edited the background to remove
scan-errorsand exported as PDF again. I never changed text and
document-size.

Did you change dots per inch? The PDF import does not know the dpi
setting used for the original scans, and defaults to a very low value
(72dpi as i recall, where scanned text should normally be at least
300dpi).

Note also that PDF isn't a good way to store images, as the JPEG
compression tends to be lossy and the images can deteriorate each time
you load and export them (in any program, not only gimp).

Liam

(slave ankh on IRC)

PS: please remember to "reply to all" to incude the list - it's more
likely you'll get answers that way.