Re: [Gimp-user] Country Of Origin Verification - 7177

On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 20:07 +0000, Watson, Christian M. (GRC-
V000)[Peerless Technologies Corp.] via gimp-user-list wrote:
Hello,

My name is Christian Watson and I am a Supply Chain Risk Management
Coordinator at NASA Glenn Research Center  As such, I ensure that all
NASA Headquarter IT purchase requests comply with Section 514 of the
Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018, Public Law 115-141 (amended),
enacted February 28, 2018.  To do so, the country of origin
information must be obtained from the company that develops,
produces, manufactures, or assembles the product(s).  Specifically,
identify the country where each of the following products were
developed, manufactured, and assembled:

* GIMP

Multiple countries.

Additionally, if the country of origin is outside the United States,
please provide any information you may have stating that testing is
performed in the United States prior to supplying products to
customers.

GIMP is developed entirely by volunteers. It is free software. There
are no "customers" so the question makes no sense. However, extensive
testing is performed in multiple countries before making a release.

Lastly, if available, please identify all authorized distributors of
the product in question

that would be everyone on the planet.

 and provide a statement stating whether the product contains any
components from the following companies, which NASA Is required by
law to not do business with:

  *   ZTE Corporation
  *   Hytera / Hytera Communications Corporation
  *   Huawei / Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
  *   Hikvision / Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
  *   Dahua / Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd.

It does not. We do not include non-free-software third-party
components. Contributions included are required to comply with the GNU
Public License v3 (or later), and its variants for documentation and
other resources.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/