Sent: Friday, October 02, 2020 5:05 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] text mode, need instruct sequence

Greetings all;

I, like Ruben Safir, am A. tired of the lack of good docs, and B. the
churn in how it works. I just had occasion to caption some pix as an aid
to my wife who is not a computer whiz, in setting up a piano keyboard,
and the air was quite blue around me by the time I got done because
every time I tried to set one option in the text panel it reset
everything else back to the defaults.  And an 18 px black character
isn't more than a visible dot on an 8x10 printout, so I click on the
size and add a zero to make 180 px. Then I am going to put it in a black
area of the printout, so I select the color white and hit enter and it
resets the size to 18px and the font back to sans from sans serif. Thats
bs at its finest.  So is the text box when its under the top ruler and
you can't see that its decided to reset everything back to the defaults.
So please tell me the correct sequence of key or mouse strokes to set
that up and if possible set it as the defaults so I don't have to get so
frustrated just to add a line or 3 of text captions to a picture.
You've made 4 hours of very frustrating work out of captioning 6 photo's
that ought to be 3 minutes plus print time each. If this worked. But
IMNSHO it sucks dead toads thru soda straws. So please make it
_Just_Work_, write some docs that tell us how to use it, and then stop
the churn.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
- Louis D. Brandeis